For the Pan-seared Scallops
For the Sauce
- Pat dry the scallops with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the scallops and cook until golden brown on one side, 2-3 minutes.
- Gently turn the scallops, add the butter and garlic to the pan.
- Continue to cook, spooning the butter over the scallops until they are cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Finish with fresh lemon juice on each scallop.
- Take few tablespoons of warm milk and soak the saffron in it for at least 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan add the whole milk, whisk in the Custom Culinary® Chef's Own™ Hollandaise Sauce Mix. Turn on the heat and leave it a medium heat and continuously keep whisking.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, simmer and cook for a further 2 minutes while stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the saffron milk to the sauce along with the lemon juice, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
Serve the hot seared scallops with the prepared saffron herb and hollandaise sauce.