1. Slice the aubergines from top to bottom (not in round slices). Add olive oil, salt and pepper onto each slice and cook them in the oven at 170º until they are golden and soft. Let them cool.
2. To prepare the sauce chop the garlic and the carrots, peel the tomatoes and cut them also in small pieces. Start cooking in a casserole the garlic and the carrot with olive oil until golden and then add the tomatoes. Let it cook slowly until the tomato is sweet and all water from them has evaporated.
4. Once everything is cold, you can start assembling the parmigiana. First a layer of aubergine, then a layer of tomato sauce, fresh chopped basil (50 g) and parmesan cheese (200 g). And repeat until you fill completely the dish, being the last layer tomato sauce, basil and parmesan cheese. Cook in the oven at 180º- for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Prepare the pesto by mashing the pine nuts, basil (100 g), garlic and some salt. Add the parmesan cheese (200 g) and the olive oil slowly. Keep mixing until you have a semi emulsified sauce.
4. Cut the parmigiana into portions and serve them with the pesto oil on top. It tastes even better if consumed the day after, so cook it the day before you want to eat it!